Friday, February 13, 2009

A New Beginning With New Challenges...

I have to start a NEW ME! This past year I have been learning more about my health. I've learned that I am at high risk for cardiac disease in more ways then one. Being in my forties and knowing my father died in his forties of cardiac disease doesnt put me anymore at ease about my health. Missing a few days of my meds, shows me that my BP is dependent on these little critters and the evidence is there when I miss a dose or two. As my HDL continues to lower, I know now that I am at even a higher risk for cardiovascular disease. I didnt know there is no real symptoms to show you have low HDL until you have a stroke or heart attack (unless if you do labs). I also have been mask-dependent nightly for the past five years...without this rubber device harnessed around my nose and mouth I could stop breathing in my sleep completely! Now that this is all said and done, like I said I have been learning so much more about my health....this will be 'A New Beginning With New Challenges.' GOD BLESS & ALWAYS BELIEVE ~Liz

4 comments:

Lorie said...

You can do it!!
I've started and it's not easy but my verse is I can do all things through Him who gives me strength!
I love your music- I have never heard them- I LOVE this song!!!
Thank you!
Be blessed!

Rina said...

Thanks sis for your phone call this evening. I'm so very proud of you. I have this huge gigantic smile, from ear to ear. You've taken one of the most important steps to a healthier "YOU" and that's...identifying. I am so proud and I support you all the way!
We will all keep you in prayer, of course! Thanks for sharing.

Love ya!

Dee said...

join me Liz, I'm in the same position, I've lost a nice amount of weight by exercising and snacking on food instead of thinking I have to eat a big meal every time I'm hungry. Anywho, I'm determined to see a number 1 in the first number of my weight!

Dee said...

ps I have to catch up on your blog gurl! Will do and comment as I go along.