Monday, April 20, 2009
Is God's Word Enough?
I got a call today at work from my husband. He said to take a look at the front page of our local newspaper. I turned to Honolulu Advertiser and the article was talking about the homeless. The homeless has always tugged at my heart. But today would be different then any other Homeless article that I read in the past. Then I took a closer look at the picture of a 20year old homeless woman and the caption under the photo that would cut at my heart. She was candid and gave her name as Sassely. As I stared at the photo, I realized Sassely was one of my sunday school students. Quiet and not participating much in class, I found myself encouraged and blessed every time I seen her at church. She always seemed to bring a smile to me. What happen to this little girl that is now a homeless young woman living at a park? At her age, she should be in college or beginning to start a job career. Instead she is wondering where she will go now that the park she has been living at for the past eight months is not permitting the homeless on its lawn. I do know what I taught in Sunday School class years ago and I know without a doubt God's word never ever goes void. I love this girl....but more importantly, God loves this girl and God knows everything about Sassely. Why this post? Because it cut at my heart. Choices we make 'today' will result to our 'tomorrow.'
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. Homelessness is a very real thing that affects the lives of many people but never someone I have actually known before they became homeless. Perhaps the Lord will cause your path to cross with Sassely once again and you can be a real encouragement to her.
My dear sister...where are you???
Post a Comment