Saturday, January 10, 2009

His Strength Is Perfect

I was reminded today of how I am really a weak person depending solely on God for all things. I will be the first to admit I make a lot of mistakes and far from perfect. One of the challenges that I call upon His strength is loving the ones that hurt me. and of course dont forget, one must forgive too. Its not so easy to say "okay God I lay this all at your feet now you fix it!". Sometimes I feel like "Linus" from Charlie Brown, clinging to his blanket, not wanting to let go for anything! Like a little stubborn child, 'I dont want to'....'because I cant'....'It's not my fault'...and the list goes on and on. I've traveled this road time and time again over the years and when I reflect at how many times God has carried me through it all, I thank God that when my strength was gone, His strength was... is...and will always be perfect. So friend keep in mind the lyrics of this song and reflect on these words the next time you are heavy burdened and in need of His strength...
His strength is perfect when our strength is gone...He'll carry us when we can't carry on...Raised in his power the weak becomes strong...His strength is perfect...His strength is perfect.

1 comment:

Dee said...

great post. I can think of a few people that I just don't bother with because they hurt me so.