Thursday, January 15, 2009

Preach From It!

When the world gives you a platform….. preach from it! I gave my personal testimony of how I came to know the Lord for the first time over 15 years ago. I remember it like yesterday. It was at a huge Christmas production, which seated over 1000 people. I must say it was one of the biggest challenges in my life. My hand was shaking so much, I couldn't hold the microphone, so they clipped a mic to my blouse! When the 4 days of giving my testimony ended, I told myself I would do it again 100 times over, if to give God all the glory! Shortly after, I was on my way to the Kingdom of Tonga, to share the Love of Christ and share again my testimony. One doesn't need to present themselves to hundreds of people or travel across country to share what God has done for them. A platform can be as simple or complex as one allows it to be. A church, school gymnasium, a backyard. A platform is anywhere you make it to be. The audience can be the members of a big church congregation, your neighbors, a co-worker, family, friend...even the unfamiliar face seated next to you on the plane or the stranger at the bus stop. If you genuinely love the Lord, share it with someone...anyone....dont keep it to yourself! The world has and will give you a platform...so when the world does do that very thing...get up and preach from it. For the Lord said... "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation." Mark 16:15

God Bless and Believe ~Liz

6 comments:

Dawn @ simply transparent said...

What a way to start out the day!
How exciting to be brought together through a process of sharing!

I really have enjoyed sharing Jesus in this way..and thank you for your encouraging comment.

Have a blessed day in HIM!

Rina said...

Oh I remember that special moment of having to share my testimony, before our church. I was so nervous but yet I knew by this time, it was all about God and His glory.

No matter how long ago that may have been, my testimony still lives on and on, and continues to work in the hearts of others...
Praise God!

Thanks for sharing Lizzy and thanks for this reminder.

Have a blessed day in Jesus!

Rebecca Jo said...

Thanks for stopping by - I'm glad you found me... so I was able to find you! I love to read blogs from people who have a passion for Christ! We have to find encouragement from each other for that reason - to share to the world!!!! And a personal testimony is such an amazing way to touch people on a different level....

de said...

Liz, your posts are so poignant and inspirational. I'm glad I found your blog.

Nice job on the 100 Hawaiian Icons quizes! That control tower one was H A R D! I am trying to catch up with you, but alas, I don't think I can. :-)

God Bless and "see" you around the blogs!

Danyele Easterhaus said...

one of the things i tell my kids is that sometimes the best preaching you can ever do is by your actions and not by words...although verbal testimony is so necessary.

anyway, it reminded me that st francis of assisi said, "go preach the gospel every day. use words if necessary." so fun!

Liz said...

so true mommaof4! one's actions speaks much louder then words! One's action and the way one lives is a great and mighty testimony in itself!! Thanks 4 sharing!